The capital of Scotland makes an unforgettable impression with it historic, hilly landscape atop a series of extinct volcanos.
Edinburgh city lies on the east coast of Scotland, on the south bank of the Firth of Forth (the estuary that opens into the North Sea). Geologically, the Firth of Forth is a fjord, carved by the Forth glacier at the Last Glacial Maximum. The famous Edinburgh Castle is situated on the top of a volcanic rock intrusion which was resistant to erosion by the ice sheet, and so stands above the surrounding area; a perfect defensive site! The volcanic rock sheltered an area of softer bedrock from the erosive forces of advancing glaciers, creating a “crag and tail” feature where the tail is a tapering strip of the softer rock. The Old Town runs down the “tail” and the castle stands on the “crag”. The site of the city of Edinburgh was first named as “Castle Rock”.
Find out more about the home of the 16th IWA Leading Edge Conference on Water and Wastewater Technologies 2019
From exhilarating outdoor activities to magnificent castles with fascinating history, take a train ride through a former film set or taste stunning local food and drink- you are sure to find something, whatever your taste. Start planning your Scottish adventure!
Participants are requested to check with the UK Consulate or diplomatic mission in their home country for visa requirements. It is responsibility of the delegate to obtain a visa if required.
Please check with your travel agent. The visa application process can take up to 2 months; so it is important that you start your application as soon as possible to ensure you receive your visa in time to travel to IWA-LET2019.
- Information about UK Embassies and Consulates: https://www.gov.uk/world/embassies
- Check if you need a visa to enter the UK: https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa
A number of hotels with BAR rates (best available rates ) are being advertised for participants of LET2019, please check the following link: https://www.cceventslive.com/CRANFIELD2019
- All rooms and rates are subject to availability on a first come, first serve basis.
- A maximum of 5 bedrooms can be booked at any one time.
- Valid credit/debit card details for guarantee purposes will be required at time of booking.
- All individual guests are responsible for settling their own accounts on arrival at the hotel unless otherwise stated during the booking process.
- The terms and conditions (including cancellation policy) are associated with the book selection and are provided by the hotel.
European Expertise in
We partner with some of the water sector’s leading companies and organizations and work together for a better water future. Our sponsors and partners benefit from a unique opportunity to connect with thought leaders from within and outside the water sector and to network with over 400 delegates.